Instarem Account Security
Our mission at Instarem is to give you fast and secure money transfer. Account security is important to us and we've taken several steps to protect your Instarem account-related information. We strongly recommend our valued customers
to take care of user level security at your side.
- Password security: Use strong passwords with a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters for your account ID. Change your passwords periodically and anytime there is even a hint of misuse. Do not reuse
passwords you’ve used for other sites.
- Anti-malware software: Always use anti-malware software to prevent threats on your device and keep it up to date.
- Keep your devices updated. Just as you expect applications you use have their security up to date, you need to make sure the software & operating system on your devices is updated as well. Computer manufacturers and
mobile device makers update their software regularly, not only with new features, but with important security updates. Please ensure to install these updates regularly.
- Remove apps & browser extensions you don't need: Avoid installing unknown apps or apps from unknown sources to protect your device and personal info.
- Wi-Fi security: Be cautious when using public Wi-Fi. Most public Wi-Fi hotspots don’t encrypt the information you send over the internet and are not secure. Avoid sending passwords, credit card numbers, or other financial
information over a public Wi-Fi network and only visit secure websites containing a URL that starts with "HTTPS://".
- Screen locks: It help protect your devices from being used without your permission. Set screen locks on your device.
Security against Phishing attacks
- Make sure you type the URL/address https://www.instarem.com when accessing Instarem website. Be watchful on the spellings of URL to avoid accessing any similar looking phishing links. The
URL may use a variation in spelling such as ‘l’ may be replaced with identical looking ‘1’ etc.
- Be suspicious of mails even when received from known sources when you are not expecting it.
- Do not share personal or financial information (like username, password, credit/debit card credentials etc.) to anyone.
- Do not click on links or download attachments from unknown sources impersonating to be from Instarem.
- Never reply/forward the mail in case it is found suspicious.
- Be wary and cautious of unsolicited emails that demand immediate action.
- Ensure you download the Instarem mobile application from Google Play Store/Apple App Store only.
- Always think twice before clicking on any link attached in the e-mail, which looks suspicious or too good to be true.
- Check the URL by placing (hovering) mouse pointer on the link provided in the mail which displays the correct website / URL where the link is pointed.
- Report any suspicious websites and emails or any unusual activity in your Instarem account immediately at mail to: [email protected]