Who is InstaReM?
- Australian based remittance firm, regulated by ASIC
What currencies does InstaReM support?
AUD to INR, AUD to VND, AUD to GBP, AUD to IDR, AUD to USD, AUD to EUR, AUD to LKR, AUD to NPR, AUD to THB, AUD to PHP, AUD to BDT, AUD to MYR
SGD TO INR, SGD TO VND, SGD TO GBP, SGD TO IDR, SGD TO USD, SGD TO EUR, SGD TO LKR, SGD TO NPR, SGD TO THB, SGD TO AUD, SGD TO PHP, SGD TO BDT, SGD TO MYR
From Hong Kong:
HKD TO INR, HKD TO VND, HKD TO GBP, HKD TO IDR, HKD TO USD, HKD TO EUR, HKD TO LKR, HKD TO NPR, HKD TO THB, HKD TO AUD, HKD TO SGD, HKD TO PHP, HKD TO BDT, HKD TO MYR
What countries can I transfer money to and from?
- InstaReM currently supports transferring of funds from
Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong to
Bangladesh, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Srilanka, Belgium, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany,
Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherland, Portugal, Spain, Uk, Denmark, Canada, Australia and the U.S.
What are InstaReM’s fees?
- We typically charge a transfer fee of 0.5% in Australia and Hong Kong, and 0.25% in Singapore. However these are subject to change and may vary from time to time, and country and corridor of remittance.
At what rate will InstaReM transfer my money?
- We transfer your money at real-time interbank rates,. You will be informed of the exact rate of transfer when you set up your transfer.
Why are your rates so different than Banks and other operators?
- We provide our clients with transparent and real-time interbank rates. Many banks and other money operators might have margins built into their exchange rate calculations.
When won’t I receive an interbank rate from InstaReM?
- Outside business hours, including holidays, you won’t receive close to interbank rates. Normal business hours are 9:00am-5:00pm AEST or HKT if you are transferring funds from Hong Kong.
How do I create a transfer with InstaReM?
- Login to your account submit a transfer request. The platform will walk you through the process. If you have any enquiries please click here to contact our Client Services Team via email. Please be aware our Client Services Team is available Monday – Friday 9am AEST to 11:30 p.m. Mon to Fri & 10 am to 2pm AEST on Sat & Sun.
Is it safe to send money through InstaReM?
- InstaReM holds your money in accordance with Australian client money rules, your money is held in a segregated client money account. Your money is held separately from InstaReM’s operating money.
What if the receiver doesn’t have a Bank account?
- InstaReM has partnered with banks across the globe to assist receivers with information to setup a bank account. You may send us their mobile number, name and pin code and we will provide them with all the information required to setup a bank account. Sending money straight to a bank account is more efficient and provides a higher level of protection compared to sending cash. The receiver can be at risk when you send cash as it’s not possible for people to track such transactions.
Do you have a step by step guide on how to transfer the money?
- Please click here to check step by step guide on how to transfer the money with InstaReM.
I want to fund my transaction through a credit card, is this possible?
- This time, we accept deposits through POLi Payment and EFT.
What is IFSC code? I don’t have my receivers IFSC code?
- An IFSC code is an alphanumeric code that identifies a particular bank-branch participating in the two main Electronic Funds Settlement Systems in India. You can contact receiver and get their bank’s IFSC code in which they have their account.
Do I need to contact InstaReM when I make a payment?
- No, you can submit a transfer through our online portal. Please ensure you receive a transfer and a completed transfer confirmation through the online portal and via email. You can contact our customer service team in case you are unable to view this information.
Can I send money through somebody else's Bank account?
- No, we don’t accept third party payments.
Can I send money through somebody a joint bank account?
- Yes, as long as your name reflects as one of the account holders.
Why do you need my identity verification?
- InstaReM is required to verify the identity of all our clients as per regulation.
How long will it take to send my transfer through InstaReM?
- Our processing time is typically 1 – 2 business days from the time we receive your funds for the transaction.
How long until the recipient receives my transfer from InstaReM?
- Once the the transfer is sent by InstaReM, it depends on the receiving bank processing time.
How do I cancel my transfer with InstaReM?
- You can contact our Client Services Team via email, chat or call. Please be aware our Client Services Team is available Monday – Friday 9am AEST to 11:30 p.m. Mon to Fri & 10 am to 2pm AEST on Sat & Sun. Please note, once the funds have been transferred to the beneficiary, the transaction cannot be cancelled.
How do I deposit money with InstaReM?
- You can deposit money by POLI, EFT.
What is the minimum I can transfer with InstaReM?
- The minimum transfer is $50.00.
What is the maximum I can transfer with InstaReM?
- There is no maximum limit to the amount you can transfer after your first successful transfer. However, the first transfer after your account is opened with us should not exceed AUD2500.
Is my money held in a segregated account with InstaReM?
- Yes, the money in your account with InstaReM is held in a segregated account with an Authorised Deposit-taking Institutions (ADI).
Can I deposit cash into InstaReM’s bank account?
- No, we don’t accept cash under any circumstances.
Can a third party deposit money into my account to be transferred?
- No, we don’t allow for third party payments under any circumstances.
What happens if my payment is rejected?
- You will receive an email with the details about your rejected transfer.
I made an error on my payment details, can this be corrected?
- You can Contact our Client Services Team via email, chat or call for any issues you face. Please be aware our Client Services Team is available Monday – Friday 9am AEST to 11:30 p.m. Mon to Fri & 10 am to 2pm AEST on Sat & Sun.
What information do I need to open an account with InstaReM?
- We will need to verify your identity, we will email you with the information required to open your account once you complete the application.
How do I open an account with InstaReM?
- Please go to our website,click here to open an account.
Why use InstaReM over a bank?
- InstaReM provides close to interbank rates on a fee based structure.
Can I lock in an exchange rate with InstaReM?
- The exchange rate is provided when you create a transfer. We don’t provide forwards to lock in exchange rates in advance of creating your transfer for a future date. InstaReM reserves the right to cancel any transaction if the money isn’t available in your account at the time your transaction is processed.
Do I need to deposit funds before I make a transfer with InstaReM?
- No. You may first submit the transaction successfully and then make a payment.
Does InstaReM offer forward contracts?
- No, we don’t offer forward contracts at this time.
Can my company open an account with InstaReM?
- Yes, we allow for individual, and corporate accounts (proprietorship, partnership, etc.)
What are Swift codes, ABA & IBAN numbers and Sort Codes?
- SWIFT Code: is a unique identification code for financial and non-financial institutions.
- ABA Code: A routing code used in the United States to identify the financial institution in which it was drawn.
- IBAN Number: An international system of identifying bank accounts across national borders to facilitate the communication and processing of cross border transactions.
- Sort Codes: The code the British and Irish banking industry use to identify banks when routing money transfers .
- BSB Code: Bank State Branch (BSB) code used in Australia to identify a bank’s branch.
Who can certify my documents?
- The certification on each of your documents must be original. To be considered certified, the list below provides authorized professional that can certify your documents as per Schedule 2 of the Statutory Declarations Regulations 1993.
Part 1 - Occupations
- A person who is currently licensed or registered under a law to practice in one of the following occupations:
- Legal practitioner
- Medical practitioner
- Patent attorney
- Veterinary surgeon
Part 2 - Other person who is in the following list:
- A person who is enrolled on the roll of the Supreme Court of a State or Territory, or the High Court of Australia, as a legal practitioner (however described).
- A judge of a court.
- A magistrate.
- A chief executive officer of a Commonwealth court.
- A registrar or deputy registrar of a court.
- A Justice of the Peace.
- A notary public (for the purposes of the Statutory Declaration Regulations 1993).
- A police officer.
- An agent of the Australian Postal Corporation who is in charge of an office supplying postal services to the public.
- A permanent employee of the Australian Postal Corporation with 5 or more years of continuous service who is employed in an office supplying postal services to the public.
- An Australian consular officer or an Australian diplomatic officer (within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955).
- An officer with two or more continuous years of service with one or more financial institutions (for the purposes of the Statutory Declaration Regulations 1993).
- A finance company officer with five or more continuous years of service with one or more finance companies (for the purposes of the Statutory Declaration Regulations 1993).
- An officer with, or authorised representative of, a holder of an Australian financial services licence, having two or more continuous years of service with one or more licensees.
- A member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, CPA Australia or the National Institute of Accountants with two or more years of continuous membership.
- A bailiff.
- A building society officer with 5 or more years of continuous service.
- A clerk of a court.
- A Commissioner for Affidavits.
- A Commissioner for Declarations.
- A Credit union officer with 5 or more years of continuous service.
- An Employee of the Australian Trade Commission who is in a country or place outside Australia, authorised under paragraph 3 (d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955, and exercising his or her function in that place.
- An Employee of the Commonwealth who is in a country or place outside Australia, authorised under paragraph 3 (c) of the Consular Fees Act 1955, and exercising his or her function in that place.
- A fellow of the National Tax Accountants' Association.
- A marriage celebrant registered under Subdivision C of Division 1 of Part IV of the Marriage Act 1961.
- A master of a court.
- A member of Chartered Secretaries Australia.
- A member of Engineers Australia, other than at the grade of student.
- A member of the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants.
- A member of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy.
- A member of the Australian Defence Force who is an officer, a non-commissioned officer within the meaning of the Defence Force Discipline Act 1982 with 5 or more years of continuous service, a warrant officer within the meaning of that Act.
- A member of the Parliament of the Commonwealth, the Parliament of a State, a Territory legislature, or a local government authority of a State or Territory.
- A minister of religion registered under Subdivision A of Division 1 of Part IV of the Marriage Act 1961.
- A permanent employee of the Commonwealth or a Commonwealth authority, a State or Territory or a State or Territory authority, or a local government authority with 5 or more years of continuous service who is not specified in another item in this list.
- A Senior Executive Service employee of the Commonwealth or a Commonwealth authority or a State or Territory or a State or Territory authority.
- A Sheriff.
- A Sheriff's officer.
- A teacher employed on a full-time basis at a school or tertiary education institution.
InstaReM is licensed to operate in which sending countries?
License Number – AFS License No. 464627
Address – 13/50 Cavill Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217, Australia
Regulated By - Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
License Number – RA No. 01420
Address – 28-05, 70 Anson Road, Hub Synergy Point, 079905
Regulated By – The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
- Hong Kong:
License Number – 16-01-01797
Address – Suite 1501, Level 15 Nexxus Building, 41 Connaught Road, Central, Hong Kong., Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Regulated By – Hong Kong Customs Excise Department
License Number – 00084
Regulated By – BNM
- Canada: InstaReM Canada Corp. (MSB Reg No: M15669293), Regulated by FINTRAC