We’ve just launched Singapore’s first smart card that’s truly a game changer! Say hello to amaze – the card that does it ALL! Backed by our friends at Mastercard you can pair up to 5 of your existing Mastercard credit or debit cards, score 1% cashback on top of your existing rewards and never worry about topping up! Oh, did we mention that you save on FX fees too?
For the average Singaporean, debit and credit cards are an essential part of our everyday life. From getting cashback rewards on our e-commerce purchases to using cards as a business cash flow tool, we have benefitted from the debit and credit cards we own.
In fact, according to a 2021 Finder article, 73% of Singaporeans own at least 1 credit card, and 10% own 6 or more1—boy, do we love our cards, but all that card-carrying can make organisation a hassle.
Enter the amaze card, an innovative card from Instarem that will declutter your wallet and upsize your rewards. amaze will be the region’s first-of-its-kind card for consumers, so let’s take a closer look at its benefits:
Stack 1% cashback on top of other card rewards
Maximise your cashback: For example, if one of your linked credit cards gives you 3% cashback (after reaching your spend goal or other requirements), you can use your amaze card to receive an additional 1% cashback+ from Instarem at the end of the quarter. This will stack on top of your linked card’s cashback.**
In other words, even if you do not have Singapore’s best cashback credit card, you can pretty much build up to one with amaze.
Or continue to earn card rewards: If you have linked a rewards-based card to amaze, you will receive the 1% cashback AND continue earning that card’s rewards** whenever you pay.
+amaze’s terms and conditions apply. Only transactions that are S$5 and above qualify, and cumulative spends of S$500 and above during the current quarter qualify for the cashback. Cashback capped at S$100 per quarter. Excludes top-ups, refunds, and restricted (such as adult, gambling) transactions.
**Subject to the issuing bank’s terms and conditions.
Combine up to 5 of your cards into one
The amaze card allows you to combine up to 5 of your Singapore-issued Mastercard debit and credit cards into one so you can declutter your wallet.
amaze is virtual and physical: Instead of rummaging around your bag or wallet to make payments, you can simply tap your physical amaze card over contactless card readers to pay without needing to top-up. And even before your physical card arrives at your door, your virtual card is ready for online purchases as it simply uses your selected linked card for payments.
Use it for your transport needs: amaze will offer you a cashless, contactless, and hassle-free experience to pay for your transit rides in Singapore. This applies too when you’re overseas as long as the country you’re in has public transaction systems that accept Mastercard. No additional fees will be charged for using amaze on buses and trains.
Save big with Instarem’s great FX rates
Since amaze is part of Instarem Singapore—a leading global payments platform that has been offering super-competitive mid-market FX rates since 2014—you can naturally save big on overseas purchases by using amaze and the Instarem app. A quick peek at the currency exchange calculator on the Instarem homepage will notify you of the value-for-money currency exchange rates provided.
amaze does not currently charge any fees for foreign currency payments and offers wholesale FX, giving you the best possible bang for your e-commerce and overseas purchases.
Folks with loved ones, businesses, or investments overseas will feel more empowered with Instarem as it sends payments to over 50 countries in a fast, secure, and cost-effective manner. And you can rest assured you will be experiencing the same transparency and control over your transactions that amaze has.
Enjoy full control in real-time
By using amaze via the Instarem app, maximise your dollar value on transactions by strategically selecting your preferred linked card for specific payments at any time. Replacing and deleting cards in-app are also super easy. The user-friendly app interface only requires you to make a few taps to complete an action.
Viewing your transactions is also child’s play on the app. Its transaction tracking feature allows you see all your expenses in one place in real-time and with full transparency.
Automatically categorised transactions: Do you like your transactions super organised? Then you’ll like that the system automatically categorises your transaction types like “Food n Beverage” and “Travel” for more comprehensive spending breakdowns.
Your amaze transactions will automatically be categorised on the app by country and type of transaction, e.g., ‘Shopping’, ‘Food n Beverage’, ‘Travel’, etc.
Transaction format: If you are curious how your transaction will look like via your funding cards, it will include both “amaze” and the merchant’s name. For example: “amaze*Starbucks”.
Enter a World of benefits with Mastercard
amaze automatically comes with Mastercard’s World tier of privileges, which is better most Platinum cards in the market. It includes everything from their Standard tier, plus more money-saving features:
- Zero liability protection: You won’t be held responsible if somebody else makes unauthorised purchases with your card.
- ID Theft Protection™: A service that alerts you when suspicious activity is detected on your credit file. It also offers resolution assistance for identity theft cases.
- Global Emergency Services: 24-hour global assistance for lost and stolen cards, emergency card replacements and cash advances, and more.
- Priceless Golf and City experiences: Access exclusive golf offers and experiences plus thousands of curated experiences in Singapore.
No top-ups needed, ever
If you’ve experienced time-wasting interruptions topping up cards and e-wallets like the YouTrip card, GrabPay, or any other platforms you’re familiar with, you’d be glad to know that amaze doesn’t require top-ups before using it at all.
Just whip it out to pay immediately with utmost peace of mind.
And yes, the amaze card is free.
You’ll be charged nothing for applying for an amaze card. Most importantly, there are no annual or processing fees involved with amaze–ever!
Apple & Google Pay linking coming to amaze
Digitally savvy folks with Apple and Google Pay can still apply for the amaze card right now to enjoy its benefits. Compatibility of amaze with Apple and Google Pay will be launched soon. Watch this space.
This is why the amaze card is different
It provides you with the simplicity and convenience of a wallet and still lets you enjoy the benefits of multiple cards. Digital natives and people who love discovering better deals with their cards can potentially reap the most benefits with amaze.
What’s more, sharp merchants and businesspeople can find advanced usage methods to maximise their dollar value by pairing amaze with Instarem’s global remittance services. They can spend globally and pay locally, which ultimately will open a new world of benefits for their ventures.
Ultimately, the sleek amaze Founders’ Edition card is a limited-edition card that only early adopters of amaze can wield. Which means once the last Founders’ Edition card has been snapped up, the next version of the amaze card will display a card face without ‘Founders’ Edition’ on it.
If you like being first and having the exclusive status of a ‘Founder’ of an innovative, multi-functional, and—dare we say it, beautiful—card, apply for amaze today!
Earn sweet rewards in October 2021 with these amaze card promotions:
Get a $50 foodpanda voucher by being one of the top 10 spenders in October 2021!
- Applicable to the first 500 spending new-to-Instarem amaze cardholders^
- Minimum S$500 spend on amaze*
- From 1 October to 31 October 2021
Get S$10 Instarem remittance bonus with a min. S$1,000 spend in Oct 2021*
- Applicable to the first 1,000 existing Instarem users
- Minimum S$500 spend on amaze*
- Cardholders eligible for this bonus will each receive a S$10 rebate on money transfers
- From 1 October to 31 October 2021
^New-to-Instarem users refer to users who have never transacted on Instarem before 1 October 2021. This can apply to existing Instarem users who have never transacted either money transfers or on amaze.
*Top-ups, refunds, and restricted (such as adult, gambling) transactions not included. Terms and conditions apply.
Amazed yet? Here’s how easy it is to apply and set up
Follow the easy steps outlined below to get hold of an amaze card once you’ve decided to take the leap.
2. After your Instarem account is approved (check your inbox for a confirmation email), tap the card icon at the bottom of your app to see this screen:
3. After entering the name you want on your amaze card, check your delivery address details. Once that’s done, click the T&C checkbox and then ‘Confirm’. The next screen will prompt you to add your Mastercard details to link it to your virtual amaze card.
4. You’ll see the successfully linked card on your amaze screen. Straightaway, you can start using your virtual amaze card for online transactions. Your physical card will arrive in 7 to 14 working days.
5. Once your physical amaze card arrives via snail mail, tap on ‘Activate Physical Card’ on the app and then ‘Yes’ to set a card PIN. You will then see this screen:
6. Congrats! You should see this confirmation screen next.
Need help? Receive assistance in 2 ways
- Check out the amaze Frequently Asked Questions to troubleshoot any difficulty that you might encounter along your card application journey.
- Fire up the ‘Ask Adam’ chatbot for instant e-assistance on the Instarem app. Tap on your User Profile > Support > Chat With Us to do so. The ‘Ask Adam’ chatbot is also available on the bottom right of the Instarem homepage.